Saturday, September 8, 2007

Update!

Whoa.

It's been a super-long time since I posted here. Part of this is a function of having a life (I no longer come home and blog; instead, I take walks, or call friends/fam, or go slumming at Goodwill), and part of this is related to some nasty comments left here and elsewhere that weren't great for my frame of mind; I was also trying to keep the India theme alive, which is difficult when the news source closest at hand is so abysmally poor at covering the subconty. (Really, a critique of the "Kerala model" of development on your front page, NYT? That's sooooooo 2002.)

Then I went through a phase of trying to create a new blog, rebrand myself, etc., but all the good names were taken (leaving me with, oh, I don't know, SexSluuuut825642.blogspot.com). Then I got preoccupied with hummus and mozzarella, then I forgot about everything, and then I realized a month had gone by and I should get off my ass.

So here we go again. Last weekend, we went to Coney Island, so you get a picture of that. I don't know whether this is going to be a personal journal sorta thing, or a roundup of interesting news stories about topics I'm interested in, or some agglomeration of both, but I suppose we'll see. As time goes by.

(Also, an anecdote from Overheard in New York that well illustrates why I love Queens:
Female barista, scrubbing floor boards: I hate doing clean sweep 'cause I get all sweaty... Especially in my butt crack.
Male barista: You should employ the butt tissue. Just slip a paper towel in there at the start of the shift, and then just toss it at the end.
Female barista: I already do that.
Customer: Now that's legendary service.

--Starbucks, 67th & Queens Blvd)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Welcome Back!

Suresh

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back, and glad I didn't miss much! We've had internet troubles, so I've barely had time to update my weblog, let alone check on others.

Don't worry about nasty comments. There's a lot of people online who seem to get their kicks leaving negative comments or meaningless gunk in comments. They don't have a life.

BTW: Our marriage is STILL not registered. We've received word that the neglectful Mohali DC is set to retire soon, so we're waiting around until then or hopefully suddenly kicks the bucket, so that a more responsible DC takes his place and we can actually present our paperwork for signing. In the meantime, I've been able to obtain an extension of stay on my visa from the Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) office. Gotta love India!

--Rochelle