Sunday, June 3, 2007

Wound up

I'm too exhausted to do anything but drink lemon soda. My recipe to keep you cool in the 45-degree-Celsius heat:

1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
3 lemons, quartered and squeezed

Create a decoction of these three ingredients in a tall glass; when the syrup is well mixed, fill the glass with club soda and enjoy!

(I'm still in denial about leaving the subconty. We have the greencard/immigration interview tomorrow morning, and we're slated to leave in less than three weeks. I'm afraid; Delhi feels more like home than anywhere else ever has. What to do?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I won't get to meet you there. Maybe NYC? As for leaving, well, you'll be back. I took one 10-year break (1985-95), and since then have lost count of how many times I've returned. Maybe someday I'll get to live there again.

Anonymous said...

In case I don't have a chance to comment before you leave, I wanted to say that I enjoyed your blog very much. Perhaps you can continue it from NY...

Zoey said...

Hi anonymous! Glad you enjoy. I will of course keep blogging, although it will probably (understandably) get less subconty-focused.

Anonymous said...

so what happened at the interview?? All thru?