Friday, October 7, 2005

A cool Web site

I've been a fan of the people at 37signals -- creators of Basecamp, BackPack and Ta-da List -- for a while now.

And they've just debuted a pretty cool new site, WriteBoard. I think I like it, mostly, because it reminds me of my heyday on the Daily copydesk, working with the splendid Quark CopyDesk.

The site boasts, "WriteBoards are shareable, web-based documents that let you save every edit, roll back to any version and easily compare changes. Use WriteBoard to write solo or collaborate with others."

They add:

"Writeboard makes it easy to...
Write without fear of losing or overwriting a good idea
Compare different versions of a document
Collaborate with colleagues on copy, proposals, memos, etc.
Subscribe to documents via RSS and be notified of changes
Keep your writings organized with Backpack integration...

Writeboard is perfect for...
Authors, journalists, PR folks, editors, and publishers
Bloggers or freelance/independent writers
Letter writers, songwriters, poets, comedians, creatives
Students, professors, and groups collaborating on a paper"

The basic schtick of WriteBoard is that it's a collaborative site for editing and writing. I can think of a lot of times when I'm travelling or whatnot and want to continue writing, but don't want to lug my dinosaur laptop around, when this would be especially useful.

Cool beans. I haven't tried it out yet, but it's imminent.

No comments: