Friday, July 28, 2006

About to throw my computer out the window

Because today is one of those days when expaticon is painful. It's tax filing time here in India, and despite my appeals for eight months for, you know, a little guidance on what I need to do, I am being given the run around.


See, it wouldn't be so bad if this didn't happen any time I try and accomplish any task that must be routed through the office bureaucracy. The manager here wants to impress the people in New York, so when they make noise he becomes solicitous and assures me that he'll do anything to make my time here easier, but as soon as their protests fade, it's e-mails being ignored, calls not being picked up, questions delegated to a lesser power who doesn't understand my case, thus causing endless iterations of beggery until I, ripping my hair out, call New York on the verge of tears and ask them to stop the insanity.


Tags: , , , ,


Powered by Qumana


2 comments:

Scott Carney said...

Wait a minute. You are filing taxes in India. I can hardly believe it. I didn't think anyone actualy paid their dues to the government. Aren't there a million loop holes you could exploit?

Zoey said...

Dude, believe me. I know. My company is, I guess, "super ethical" (or at least they like to maintain that appearance). They deduct and pay the taxes for all their employees, and usually they end up deducting in excess of the minimum payments, which means about 200 of us have to go begging to the government for a refund, which will take anywhere from eight months to several years. AAAAH!